Complete pssive cooling. After having passive HTPC for few yers, I knew this needs to be passively cooled. It is simply marvellous to not to be able to hear your computer. I can listen to music while falling asleep or enjoy the silence, there is no noise, no nothing.
This guy is cooling the CPU - nofan CR95 The temperature of all cores goes rarely above 45C.
- Sitting on the floor (good for hips :) is better than any chair
- The adjustable arm (ergotronic LX) holds the screen (DELL U2412M)
- Ergonomic wireless keyboard (the keyboard is buggy, I already got it replaced and it will go for replace once again) and mouse (Penclic) on a slightly elevated desk, so that arms can be in natural position all day I am very happy with the penclic mouse, it feels very natural -like holding a pen. Prevent the RSI before it stars.
Movable and self-contained
- hacked into IKEA's EXPEDIT Shelving unit
- I was a surprised to see, that the expedit is actually empty (just paper) inside
- drilled wholes for cables and convection cooling
- I created construction holding the motherboard elevated from parts scattered in hornbach
Motherboard is elevated to the "first floor" on a construction from aluminium tubes connected by special clamps. Beneath MB is a passive PSU and SSD.
Next to keyboard is the fantastic Penclic mouse.